Simply the best bakery in greater Seattle.
Located in West Seattle where the historic Blake's Bakery once stood, William and Heather Leaman continue to make history daily with one-of-a-kind creations.
With over 20 years experience in pastry, bread and chocolate, and as the captain of the 2005 Bread Bakers Guild Team USA, where he led his team to victory at the Coupe du Monde de Boulangerie (World Cup of Baking), William is quickly making Bakery Nouveau a Seattle icon.
His recent awards include:
- 2008 Best Desserts - Seattle Magazine
- Best of the City 2007, Breakfast Pastry- Seattle Metropolitan Magazine
- Best New Restaurants 2007- Seattle Metropolitan Magazine
- Best Bakery 2007- Readers Choice
- West Seattle Herald and Best Chocolate Desserts 2007- Seattle Magazine.
William and Bakery Nouveau have also been featured in:
- 2008 May issue of Sunset Magazine
- 2008 February issue of Seattle Magazine
- Winter 2009 issue of Seattle Metropolitan Bride and Groom Magazine
- and received a 2009 Zagat rating of 28 out of 30 points.
“We believe in community,“ said Heather Leaman.
“And nothing brings people together faster than delicious, expertly prepared food." We strive to be a refuge from demands of daily life. A place where one can linger over a cup of coffee and croissant and laugh with a friend".
Visit us on any bustling day and you'll see what we mean. Strangers ask each other what they're having and offer 'have you tried the…?' Friends from the neighborhood bump into each over the pastry case, and suddenly, that long-meant-to-have cup of coffee is consummated over a pear Danish. Our staff knows a great many of our customers by name and have created an extended family. We are building community one bite at a time.“